The Novice Novelist

The voice of a soul on a mission to bring literary ideas into society.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Galveston, Texas, United States

I'm a person who is looking for an outlet and purpose. I'm trying to break into the world of publishing and media.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Colds into Cash

When I get sick, I normally feel like doing nothing but sleeping and watching television. Since living in the exile that I call this place, I am unable to do either. I have been suffering from a cold this past 5 days, so my updates on this site are a little slow. However, my will to write has been enhanced to a surprising degree.

Since I am being forced to live with someone I would rather not reside with, I have been forced to spend much of my spare time either in the lounge or in the local library. I have discovered that the worse I feel, the more active my imagination becomes. Yesterday, I was suffering from frustration and isolation. Once I was able to calm my nerves and actually eat (which had been more than 8 hours inbetween meals), I was able to create a whole new set of ideas for a series I plan on writing possibly during or after my current project is finished.

I am unable to move out of this wretched place since I live under the tyranny of this strict education structure. Unlike most people who can simply buy/find a new place to stay within their regions, the people in charge of this place only look at me with their fake smiles and say "Just pray about it and hang in there."

I am currently working on Chapter 8 of the novel and it is growing ever more climatic. I hope I recover from this illness soon so I can actually perform well within my other activities and finish my MLK project tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home