The Novice Novelist

The voice of a soul on a mission to bring literary ideas into society.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Galveston, Texas, United States

I'm a person who is looking for an outlet and purpose. I'm trying to break into the world of publishing and media.

Sunday, January 01, 2006

New Year, New Chance

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."--Jules de Gautier

With every new year comes another chance for renewal of the mind, body, and spirit. I am washing away the old and welcoming the new. I have created plans and have made a commitment to work on my main New Years Resolution: "To actually do something useful."

This year, I want to at least try to accomplish something. I want to open minds and give people the ability to use their imagination in order to gain a certain strength that they never thought they had.

I am currently working on many projects, but my main project at the moment is a fantasy novel that involves the Navajo beliefs of Astral Projection and skinwalkers. This novel will be written in first person since I want to invite the reader into the mind of one of the greatest detectives...at least, that's what Trevor Gordon thinks. I am currently on Chapter Seven and I am trying a radical way of writing novels. I have a basic outline of what I want the novel to be about, but the specifics within the novel are imprompted.

My goal is to entertain, inform, and inspire people into thinking outside of the box and realize that there are obstacles, but it can never hurt to try (unless it involves jumping a motorcycle over a pit of starving tigers while blindfolded). There are a tremendous amount of barriers in my way, and the odds are set against me, but trying to inspire a generation is worth the risk.

May this be a start of a productive and inspiring year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home